Monday, October 27, 2008

V for Vendetta

I couldn't sleep the other night, so I got up and finished reading V. I liked it. There were some differences between the movie and the book. I know I liked the movie. The main thing I feel was left out (that changed the story somewhat) was the neo-holocaust. In the book all darkies, yids, queers, and radicals had been rounded up and put into camps. I didn't get that from the movie. Maybe I just missed it or don't remember it. I think the movie flowed a little bit more smoothly than the book, but considering how the book was written that is understandable. I was confused at the end of the book, but I think I was able to figure it out. Natalie Portman did a great job portraying Evey Hammond in the movie and was a lot better looking than Evey in the book! Now I need to get back to that heavy reading...

No comments: