Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Follicular Cyst

When I Google "follicular cyst piercing" I get all these things saying it is a big scary word. Uh, not really. I have some sort of bump right next to the bottom hole of my piercing. All the research I've done seems to indicate that it is a follicular cyst. I have a clogged pore. Gunk has accumulated, forming a big bump. I think my pore is probably clogged with adhesive because I have been taping my piercing almost every day for the last two weeks. The bump started about a week and a half ago. This morning when I removed the tape from the bottom bead a piece of skin over the cyst came off with it. Eew, I know, gross. I thought everything would come out and it would just deflate, but that didn't happen. I soaked it for 15 minutes and tried to clean up the area really well. I need to be better about soaking and cleaning. I hope this thing goes away soon. I promise I'll be better about taking care of it....

1 comment:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

Ok, I was going to suggest soaking but since you did that... Maybe it will just fade away while you sleep. Wouldn't that be cool?