Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Rabbi's Cat

I have finally made it through the first chapter of Light on Life by BKS Iyengar. It got a little heavy there for a while and I took a break to do some brainless reading. I read The Rabbi's Cat by Joann Sfar, the first trade of Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan, and Animalia by Graeme Base. I really enjoyed The Rabbi's Cat. Next time I go to the library I will pick up the second book. I didn't enjoy Y so much. Watchmen was definitely better. Last night I read Animalia to Ross. I pick out the children's books based on the art. The paintings in the book are awesome. It is an alphabet book, and as we were reading it Ross noticed that there were many things in the A painting that started with A (besides the armoured armadillo and angry alligator). It was fun finding the hidden things in each painting. When I read the T page Ross said "terrific..." and fell asleep. I think over the last year or two Ross and I have read quite a few graphic novels. It is a strange kind of bonding experience. I preferred watching anime series together. We need a new series. In the meantime he will start The Rabbi's Cat, and I will get started on V for Vendetta.

1 comment:

V said...

TV series - have you seen Dr. 90210? Even though I can't watch the nose jobs, I love that show. Troy says it drives him nuts, but he always watches it with me. Monday nights on E!