Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Iyengar Yoga Class

Yesterday I drove forty-something miles to Dallas to try an Iyengar yoga class. I enjoyed the class. I learned plenty. With my elbows closer together I was able to do headstand with a lot less strain on my neck. I also learned that I turn my heels in when I do downward facing dog. It is a long drive, so I don't think I'll be going every week, but I would like to go again. At the end of class I took off my glasses and my hair stick. The teacher walked over and squashed my glasses (my bling-bling ones!). This wrecked the end of the class for me. After class the teacher told me I can never put my glasses on the floor in a yoga class. I have never had a problem before. I think she has a personal problem (clumsiness, inattention) and just takes the easy way out by telling people not to put anything on the floor. Believe me, I will be more careful about where I put my glasses, but I think she needs to be more mindful about where she puts her feet! I was so bummed that I drove straight home after the class. I had planned on going to see Tiffany and Ethan, but I just wanted to go home and sulk. Poor Ethan cried when he found out he wasn't going to see me. I am hoping to see him Wednesday night for dinner.

No comments: