Friday, May 15, 2009

Hot Yoga

I went to Towson yesterday for some hot yoga.  It was definitely hotter than yoga in my bathroom (85 degrees this week).   I really enjoyed the class.  We did a lot of things I hadn't done before.  I like doing new things in yoga.  The teacher was focusing on the third chakra and creating a fire.  Uh, after all the working out I have done this week I definitely felt the burn. When we did chair I just wanted to cry.

There are a couple of things that I don't like about the studio.  I don't know how I didn't notice this last time, but the floor is carpeted. Gross.  The second thing is that there are no mirrors.  I find it much harder to correct myself without a mirror.  We did a lot of work against the wall at the end of class.  So I was all sweaty and dripping on the wall.  Again, gross.

I managed one forearm stand, but it was very short because I was so fatigued.  When she said we were going to do peacock I laughed at her the way my students used to laugh at me.  I tried, but it didn't happen.  I was already worn out.  At least I had fun doing bujapidasana.  I tried to straighten my legs into dragonfly (as directed by the teacher), but fell back on my bum.

I have discovered that camel is the one pose that I am really not comfortable doing since I got pierced.  I can do it, but I feel as though I am choking.  There are other back bends, so I just shouldn't do it.  Speaking of my piercing, I have bruised my neck.  I'm not sure if it was me clowning around with deaf man's pose, doing a bunch of camels in class, or extreme twisting, but I have a couple of purple marks on either side of the bottom disc, and it hurts a bit.  I'll be giving it a good soak again today, and maybe even put some arnica on it.

No comments: