I made pumpkin mousse for the dessert party. Tejal wanted lots of moussey things, and I thought all week about how to make this. I whipped it up on the morning of the party and I was really pleased with how it turned out. Ross's sister likes all things pumpkin, so I made some for her this weekend. At the party I topped the mousse with crushed gingersnaps. It is good plain or with the gingersnaps.
1 14 oz. can pumpkin
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1. Whip pumpkin, mascarpone, and sugar together for several minutes until sugar is dissolved and mixture is fluffy.
2. Add spices and mix thoroughly.
3. In a separate bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
5. Sprinkle crushed gingersnaps over the mousse (optional).
The photo doesn't make it look very appetizing, but I think it tastes pretty good.
Creamy Mole Chicken Soup
3 months ago