Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh Roku, I Want You!

So over the Thanksgiving weekend I tried out my dad's Roku box. My dad subscribes to NetFlix and my parents have been dowloading movies through them and watching them on the computer for a while now. The Roku box allows them to download the movie and watch it on their TV. It was so easy! I added a few movies to the queue online, then turned on the TV and selected which movie to watch. After 3 or 4 minutes of buffering the movie started. No problem. I couldn't tell it was downloading. We watched several movies over the weekend. Now I want a Roku box. First we'd have to get faster internet, and NetFlix, and a new TV (why not). Maybe we'll have all that by my birthday. Oh, Roku!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool, thanks for the great review (I work for Roku). I hope meant 3 to 4 seconds (not minutes) to buffer.

k. said...

One movie started right away, another one took a few minutes. I don't mind at all. It gives me time to go to the bathroom and then get a snack.