Monday, June 2, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Yesterday's lunch (we weren't up early enough to have breakfast) was honey wheat bread, cheese (stella fontinella and port salut), blackberries, nutella, and honey. I especially enjoyed the fontinella with the honey. I bought the honey on our last trip to Italy. The honey is miele di castagno (chestnut)--not something I'd ever seen before. I also bought a eucalyptus honey for my mom. I only got a tiny little jar (sample size) and now I want more. The flavor (especially with the cheese) is heavenly. Ross got some excellent blackberries. Some of them are tart (which I like) and some of them are riper, sweeter, with 100 flavors exploding at once. The whole experience made me a little giddy. Such a simple little meal brought me such joy and pleasure. I can only hope for many more moments like this...

No comments: