Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Beginings

I think that's the title of Erica Cain's TV show. Ha! Well, I have broken through my weight loss plateau. I just hope that I can keep it going. At this moment I'm pretty hungry and really wanting cheese. Just 3 more days. I can do this. So hopefully it's down hill from here, at least for a little while. I have a feeling I'm going to get hung up again in a couple of pounds. We'll see.

Also, it looks like I'm going to have a job when I get back from Vegas. That's right! I was hired by 24 hour fitness to teach yoga. I don't have many details yet. I filled out the new hire paperwork today and they are going to do a background check on me before I can have my employee number. The pay is more than minimum wage and Ross and I will both get free memberships! Now I can go to the gym with Tiffany if I want to! I'm nervous and excited. I've never taught a class before. The routine that I came up with for my audition (I felt like I was trying out for the cheer leading squad) is only 18 minutes long. The classes are an hour, so I'll have to come up with 40 more minutes of stuff to do. I'm not sure I'll make much money doing this, but at least I'll get out and hopefully meet some people...make some friends. I'll be able to figure out if I like teaching yoga and if I want to take yoga teacher training (it costs a chunk of money). I won't start for at least two weeks, so I have time to come up with a couple of routines and some music mixes. Yeah!

2 comments:

LisaDiane said...

Yeah! I am so glad that you got the job at 24 hour! Having done your sample yoga workout, I am confident that you will be a great yoga teacher! Can I come visit your class?

Team Serrins Springfield said...

Kat - that sounds so fantastic! I would imagine it's not much $ but it will be fun and you can feel like you're really doing something worthwhile. If it's at all like most gyms, once you start teaching, you can pick up more classes all the time. Plus the free membership!