Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Warm Pillow

I woke up one morning and this is what I saw--Bailey curled up on Ross's head. The photo isn't great because I took it in low light with my cell phone, but I knew if I got up to get the camera Bailey would follow me.

Bailey is funny in the winter. She suddenly wants to snuggle up because she is cold. We all know she gets under the covers and sleeps there during the day, but at night she acts like you are crazy for even suggesting getting under the covers. I cover her up, but she protests if I cover her head. The other night it was so cold I put my big ol' hand around her head and pulled the covers over it. She didn't notice. Two nights ago she got upset when I was snuggling up to her like a pillow. She uses Ross as a warm pillow all the time, but if I try to do it to her she gets upset. Typical cat.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it! That's so adorable. If I had a cat, it would hate me because I would always force-cuddle it. I'd probably have scratches all over me but it would be worth it for the furry hugs. Well, maybe.

LisaDiane said...

Joey often uses Elanor as a pillow. She doesn't like it when he puts his head on her, but she does love it when one of us lays on the floor with her to snuggle.

k. said...

Lisa Diane,

Isn't it funny how the head is a whole other matter? You can lay your arm or whatever on an animal no problem, lay your head and they get annoyed. Sometimes Bailey will let me pet her with my foot, but not my hand.

I was going through a bunch of old photos this weekend and found one of Ross using Katie as a neck warmer/pillow. I'll scan it and send it to you.