Saturday, January 10, 2009

Third Time's the Charm?

On Wednesday I drove to Dallas to get a new piece of jewelry for my Madison piercing. Eric at Obscurties was a lot nicer (and more professional) than the last guys I dealt with. We decided on an 11/16" flat bar with internal threading. The easiest way to describe it is a flat piece of metal with a 3/32" long internally threaded post on either end. I really wish I had gotten this type of jewelry in the very beginning.

The bar seems to fit okay. The top is perfect of course. The bottom doesn't slip out the bottom hole, but it does seem to stick up. The flat disc doesn't sit right against the skin. I keep trying to push it in. The bar is flat, so I figure if the puncture wound heals around the round post it will be a lot harder for the bar to slip out.

I have been pretty good about cleaning it and soaking it. I want this to work out. I even went to Ulta and bought the pointed Q-tips that Eric suggested. They work better than regular ones at cleaning up under the discs. I have also been sleeping with the ends taped down--now that they are flat it is a lot easier to tape them down.

I'm hoping that the third time will be the charm and I'll be able to keep this piece of jewelry and this piercing forever.

No comments: