Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Texas Weather

January in Texas means ice.  Not snow, ice.  Our yearly ice storm hit yesterday.  It was an adventure driving to work last night.  Texans have no clue how to drive in inclement weather.  People were doing 10 miles per hour on the freeway, or even worse--completely stopped in the left hand lane!  It was a funny thing to watch the news this am.  They were showing the mix master in Fort Worth, with the cars completely stopped on the ramp.  It was really funny (the newscasters were giving a play by play).  Some people got impatient and went around the stopped cars.  It was a real hoot.  My class was cancelled this am, so I'm going to stay home and try to be productive.  I took some photos this am.  I like the ice between the rocks, and my favorite is the frozen dandelion puff.

No comments: