Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One Year Flyerversary

Sunday marked one year since our first trapeze experience.  We decided to have a flyerversary party.  We invited some friends, made cupcakes, and all had fun on the trapeze.  I've been taking it easy for the last two months because of a shoulder injury.  This was my second time back on the trapeze bar and it was fun.  I'm finally working on a trick I've been avoiding for the last 6 months.  It's going to take me a while to master this one.  I'm trying to figure out how I can practice balancing on the bar before I go back.

Everyone seemed to have fun. I'm glad we all got together and I'm glad that Jay was there to cheer us all on.
Alex seemed super pumped to get up on the trapeze.  He did a great job.

Ruthie was super flexible and light.  Daniel pulled her right off the bar.

This week Ross caught his bat trick.  I haven't done that trick yet.

This is me attempting the pullover shoot.  I kept flopping over the bar.  At one point Sarah told me to squeeze my butt as hard as I could--while I was standing on the board.  I squeezed so hard I got a cramp!  In the end I did a back end straddle and finally got caught.  It wasn't pretty, but I can finally check that one off my list.

I don't have videos of Richard or Monica.  If they send them to me I'll post them.  Richard was a natural.  He was so excited he somehow kicked the bar on his backflip dismount! It seemed like everyone had fun.  It is amazing how far I've come in one year (and 30 classes).  I just bought a 10 class pass, so hopefully I'll be even better next flyerversary.

I wish I'd taken photos of the cupcakes.  I made the strawberry-lime and some vanilla-almond.  And of course I took some milk--the Horizon individual packs.  Nothing like some (organic) milk to go with your cupcake!

No comments: