Lime Basil Tea Cookies
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 Tbl. minced fresh basil leaves
1 tsp. finely grated lime zest
1 Tbl. lime juice
1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place all ingredients into food processor. (Put the blade in first....I forgot and had to dump it all out....)
3. Pulse food processor until large moist clumps form.
4. Measure level tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into balls, and place on baking sheet.
5. Dust the bottom of a measuring cup with powdered sugar and press cookies into 2 inch rounds. Thicker is better.
6. Bake until edges are brown. Mine were done at 17 minutes.
This made 16 cookies.
For a sweeter treat sprinkle with large sugar crystals before baking.
This recipe was perfect for my small food processor. It was easy and the cookies turned out well. I think I'm going to make some digesta-biscuits next.