Monday, January 17, 2011

My Freak T1

I can't believe this picture was taken almost a year ago. I've been meaning to post about it for that long! I have a freakishly large spinous process on my T1 vertebra. It makes certain yoga poses like shoulder stand, plow, and deaf man's pose quite painful. I always end up with a sore/bruised spot. It sucks cause I really like deaf man's pose. I'm not any good at any of these poses, and I don't think I'll get any better because when it comes time to do them I only do deaf man's pose (the third one in the photo), if I do any of them at all.

3 comments:

V said...

I had never heard of deaf man's pose. After seeing the picture, I just HAD to try it, especially since I'm a fan of plow. I liked how my legs blocked all sound. I'll have to show Evelyn that one, too - she also loves plow.

k. said...

That's why it is called deaf man's pose, and that's why I like it too. It's like an alternate fetal position or something. I like to put my arms down alongside my legs.

Nicole said...

Oh my. That thing really sticks out.

That's what she said.