Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Acorn Squash

Last week I did try a new recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash. We had some acorn squash leftover from the farm and so I decided to finally cook them up.
This is what the squash looks like:

After I cut it in half and scooped out the seeds and stringy bits:
I put butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in the center of each half. Then I put them into a pan and added some water to the bottom of the pan. I baked them in the oven (at 400 degrees) for 70 minutes and they were done. With all the sweet goo it tasted good, but definitely isn't my favorite squash. With very controlled addition of butter and sugar each half was only around 200 calories. I think we still have three halves in the fridge that we need to eat. I wouldn't specifically buy acorn squash to make this.

No comments: