Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Aerial Yoga

Nancy, my wonderfully awesome yoga teacher, invited me to an aerial yoga class. We began with some regular yoga, and then started to use the strap/sling/hammock to help us with our poses. It takes some getting used to, but it was really, really fun. My two favorite things that we did were hanging upside down in full lotus and shivasana. The gentle swaying in shivasana was great. I curled up into the fetal position and rolled onto my right side and that was even better. I guess I like the cocoon feeling.

The glasses on my forehead cracks me up. I could actually see putting something like this up in my house.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice! One of our good friends is a local yoga instructor and he has one of those doohickies. We'll often be walking in the neighborhood and randomly find him and others hanging from a tree in one of these.

He brought that thing to Bonnaroo. The plan was to use it at Bonnaroo since there was a small bit of woods nearby the camp area and we could hang from a tree. But people were taking dumps in the woods, so we decided against hanging upside down over piles of human excrement.

Sorry, that was an awful bit of information to share. I don't know what's wrong with me sometimes.

k. said...

No worries, I'm totally comfortable with tut (poop) talk. We talk about it at work a lot--despite the fact that I work in urology--and frankly I talk about it all the time.

See--hanging from a tree--that's cool. I'm bothered that the owner of the studio claims to have "invented" aerial yoga. There's so many things wrong with that.