Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Making Tomatoes Edible

I don't really like raw tomatoes. I eat them much more than I used to, but I still only eat a little. We got a lot of tomatoes from the farm. I decided to make something of them before they went bad. First, I boiled them for a couple of minutes.
Then I put them in a cold water bath.
The skins came off fairly easily.
Empty skin.
All bald.
I stuck my fingers in to scoop out the seeds.

Tomato puree.
I added oregano, basil (from my dead plant), and rosemary from my little garden. I also added some garlic from the farm.
I cooked it until it was just a paste. I added some water and cooked it back down to paste.
Ross put the paste on pizza. Yummy.

1 comment:

Disobedient Tiger said...

The pasta sauce was really good.
But let's be clear, tomatoes are delicious plucked from the vine.