Saturday, August 21, 2010

Double Feature at the Drive In

I'd heard that Toy Story 3 was a really good movie. It is at the drive-in and the weather has cooled off a bit, so I was really excited to go see it. Let me tell you, this experience was 100 times better than the last drive in experience. It was cooler, and much less humid. We also took my car. To boot, the movie started earlier than last time, so we weren't as sleepy for the second movie. We both liked Toy Story 3. Ross was pleasantly surprised.

The second movie was The Sorcerer's Apprentice. Nicolas Cage didn't annoy me--but man, Jay Baruchel was beyond annoying. His voice! The movie was dumb. The acting wasn't so bad, it was the plot and the writing. Typical if you believe in yourself you can do it, even though you have no training story. I'd say it is a kid's movie, and what a terrible message it sends. Not as bad as Kung Fu Panda, but still, we keep telling kids that they don't have to work hard, just believe. Ugh.

We didn't stay for The Switch. I'm really not a Jennifer Aniston fan. We had a great time though. We had french fries and a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich. We rode home with the top down. I'm so glad we went.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, nice car! Very fancy pants.

I loved Toy Story 3. It had action and humor and it was clever and how cute was that little girl! I wanted to put her in my pocket.

My friend said the same thing about The Sorcerer's Apprentice; that the dude's voice was beyond annoying. Plus, I dislike Nick Cage so I'd never see that movie.

I'm not a Jennifer Aniston fan either. She is in the worst movies. Barf.

I still need to get around to visiting that drive-in before it gets too cold.