Country Apple Streusel Cake
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. cold butter
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. softened butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. very thinly sliced apples (I used pears last night).
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 13x9 inch pan with Pam.
3. Mix topping ingredients with a pastry cutter.
4. Beat all cake ingredients except apples for 3 mins.
5. Spread cake batter into pan.
6. Arrange apple (or pear) slices over batter. --I think two layers of very thin slices works well.
7. Sprinkle topping over fruit.
8. Bake 55-60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
This cake should be refrigerated because it is very moist and will spoil if left out.