Thursday, July 30, 2009

Waters and Wellies

After tearing up my feet in the river I decided to buy some water shoes. I really don't like the ones that are mesh on top and rubber on the bottom. I have such bad memories of those. They smell so bad! I found some Speedo Hydro Tread shoes on ebay and bought them. They arrived super quickly and now I'm ready for our next trip to the river.

I have toyed with the idea of getting wellies. Silly, I know, but it seemed that every time I left the house in April it rained. We have had some major downpours here lately and it got me thinking about boots again. I found some cute rubber boots on ebay, but the price went higher than I was willing to pay. I went to DSW with Valerie yesterday and found a really great pair. The really odd thing is that when we went to the clearance section I found them there too. Same boots. Same size. Same color--but thirty percent off. Okay. That works for me. The thing is, that isn't the only pair of shoes I saw both in the regular area and the clearance area. I had a ten dollar off coupon, so I think I got a pretty good deal. The boots are actually clear rubber and the print is on the inside--on cloth.

It was raining yesterday when we left the house to run errands. I wore my new wellies. I jumped in the water puddles, just like I told Ross I would. My pants got a little wet, even though I had them rolled up. Good clean fun, and all my other shoes were at home, nice and dry.

No comments: