Saturday, July 18, 2009

Long Day in DC

We spent a whole day in DC. We started by visiting the Zoo. It was cool to see the pandas, but I think the invertebrates section (aquarium), was my favorite part. It rained off and on, but we managed not to get too wet. I actually brought my little umbrella!

After the zoo we checked out the Natural History Museum. The temporary exhibit on ants was interesting and after that we split up. I went to the American History Museum and the rest of the gang continued to explore the Natural History museum.
I was interested in seeing an exhibit marking the anniversary of the Stonewall Riots that I had seen listed on the web site, but no one seemed to know what I was talking about. Instead I rested, and saw an exhibit on the history of illustration. I remember reading something interesting, but I don't remember what I read! Ha! So I guess I didn't learn much. There were lines to see half of the exhibits.
I stood in one line, but just for a minute or two. I saw what I wanted to see (had my photo taken), and then left.

No comments: