Friday, July 17, 2009

Milanesa

I'm up early because I can't sleep, so I thought I'd do this post.
I've always liked milanesa, but in the past I wasn't very successful in my attempts to make it at home. I've made it twice recently and it turned out really well. I buy a thicker cut of meat at H Mart than what is usually sold/used for milanesa. I want more than just a wafer of meat! Okay--here are the steps. First, coat the meat in flour. Second, dip the meat in well beaten eggs. Third, coat the meat in bread crumbs. Next is the key step--refrigerate the meat for half an hour. Then heat up some oil--I like to use canola with some butter or olive oil--and fry up the meat. The other night we had it with some excellent guac and black beans. I usually only make 3 steaks, and that's good because I'd be tempted to eat more if I made more.

No comments: