Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Waterflow

When I drove home from work today water was gushing down the big hill near our house. It seems some sort of pipe broke and water was flowing out of the asphalt and down the street. We had a lot of rain last night. That might have something to do with it. When I got about a block away from home I saw a river going down Trail Lake and crossing the street to flow down my street. Then when I drove down Dryden I saw water bubbling out of the street right in front of Otto's house. The asphalt is cracked and pushed up and there is a hole in the street. At first the water was bubbling out, but now it is just seeping out. Several water department trucks have driven by. A couple have even stopped. The babbling brook sounds nice, but we have no water inside. I'm thirsty. I guess I'll drink bottled water.

No comments: