Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Well, Thanksgiving was swell. I ate way too much. I've been eating way too much since I got here. I think a big part of the problem is that I'm dehydrated and instead of drinking water I keep eating. I'm also eating out of nerves...and sheer opportunity. There is so much food in the house.
Today I went shopping with my mom. She ended up getting some stuff at Mervyn's because they are having a going out of business sale. I went shopping later with Ross. He got shoes and I got socks. We all got things we pretty much need. Well, we don't need those two video games we bought, but nothing else was frivolous.
Oh, I went to Wally World with my mom. That was a mistake. Apparently if you want any of the sale items you have to stand in a very long line. Forget that. I only bought some febreeze and used the self check out because there was no line.
I'm behind on my sleep, and on my water intake. Tomorrow I'll have to make a point of drinking 100 ounces of water, taking a nap, working out (cycling), and not over eating. Yesterday my dad and I went for a bike ride. We were going to go in the morning, but it was raining. We did about an hour of loops around the strip mall. There was only one store open, so we didn't have any problem with traffic. We rode a loop around Best Buy (where there were folks already camping out), Target, and Barnes and Noble. Since it had rained we had to avoid some puddles. I got splashed a few times. I think I've mentioned before how much I love the smell of the desert after a rain. It was wonderful. I hope tomorrow we can go riding down by the river.

No comments: