Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Impressionists

The plan was to go to the museum today and see The Impressionists art exhibition. When I checked the hours and ticket prices online yesterday I found out that Friday nights are half price. Score! We headed to the Kimbell and checked out all the paintings. Ross actually enjoyed the exhibit. We saw paintings by Renoir, Manet, Monet, Gauguin (I'm not a fan), Seurat, Sisley, Pissarro, van Gogh, and more. We both loved one particular painting by Monet of a branch of the river Seine (I can't find a photo that does it justice). We both also marvelled at Gustav Caillebotte's famous painting Paris Street; Rainy Day. That painting was huge! The place was buzzing with people. We got the audio tour for free, but didn't listen to much of it. I just like to look at the art. I don't like people telling me what it means or why it is significant. I am a big fan of impressionism, so I really wanted to go. I'm so glad we went. After the special exhibit we took a look at the permanent collection. Nothing I couldn't live without, but there was a Picasso that made me chuckle. It was a good way to spend Halloween I guess.

No comments: