Sunday, August 31, 2008

Red Velvet Encapsulation

I tried making red velvet cupcakes this week. On Friday I made some and, well, I forgot to add the eggs. I used the Red Velvet Recipe that I came up with back in May. The only modifications that I made were 1: lowering the baking temperature to 340 degrees, 2: Adding an extra 1/4 cup of buttermilk, 3: Baking for 15 minutes. Today I made another batch and remembered to add the eggs. They are so much better. The first batch was flat and a little dry and crumbly. The second batch actually has domes, glistens, and is moist and tender. The photos show the first batch and then the second batch. Notice the cupcake in the middle of the second photo. The frosting was put on with an ice cream scoop.

1 comment:

The Lusters said...

Oh my gosh. How I wish I wasn't so far away - I want some! And I think Evelyn does, too!!!