2/3 c. milk
juice of half of one lime
2 c. flour
1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/4 c. ground flax
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
6 Tbl. butter
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper and then grease the paper.
3. Add the lime juice to the milk.
4. In a small bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
5. Cream the butter and sugar with electric mixer at high speed for about two minutes.
6. Add eggs one at a time.
7. Beat in bananas until the mixture is well combined.
8. Add flour and milk alternately to banana mixture while mixing at low speed.
9. When mixture is thoroughly combined pour into loaf pan.
10. Bake for 55 minutes, or until tester (I use a chopstick) comes out clean.
11. Leave pan to cool and then pop the bread out.
12. Remember to peel the parchment paper off the bottom of the bread.
Of course you can contaminate it (as Ross would say) by adding some walnuts or pecans.