Thursday, July 17, 2008

Maternal Panic

The 4th of July weekend Bailey got sick. Everything seemed to happen at once. I was chopping a jalepeno from the garden to put into some guacamole and got jalepeno juice in my eye. I made a big show out of it, but really it only stung for a second. As soon as I stopped my wailing Bailey started crying. At first we thought I had gotten her worked up (she cries when Ross and I play fight), but then she started howling and walked away when I offered her treats. She laid down on a piece of paper and continued to cry. I was heartbroken. Something was wrong with my little girl and I couldn't make it stop. I sat with her and cried. I was so scared. She eventually curled up and slept. At one point she got up and got a drink of water then laid back down. She slept for a total of 6 hours! We kept checking on her and by bedtime she was back to normal. My theory is that she had a kidney stone. I can't think of what else it could be. She wasn't licking or gnawing on any part of her body, she was just rolling around, so I think it was something internal. I'm so glad that she's okay. I was totally panicked and heartbroken cause I couldn't make her feel better. I can't imagine loving a baby as much as I love my girl. I hope she's with us a long long time.

No comments: