Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Flashback: Twin Peaks

This week I watched the pilot of Twin Peaks on Netflix. Man, that took me back.  Back to Jr. High.  I love the music.  I remember I had it on cassette and listened to it over and over again on my Sony walkman.  And I remember I was totally enamored with Agent Cooper.  I thought he was so handsome and charming.  I wanted to be Dianne on the other side of that tape recorder, listening to his voice as he went on about pie and coffee.

Twin Peaks was the Lost of it's day.  We all wanted to know who killed Laura Palmer.  And there were so many twists and turns and so much weirdness that if you hadn't started at the beginning it was impossible to follow.  Watching Twin Peaks again is going to be a trippy trip down memory lane.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Twin Peaks has been sitting in my Netflix instant queue for a couple of weeks. I'm excited to watch it.

k. said...

The pilot is odd, and dare I say--a little goofy. The weirdness starts in episode 2 (which I watched yesterday), and I it is only going to get crazier from there. Start watching...you're gonna get hooked.