Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 in Review

The biggest thing to happen this year: the move.  We are living back in Texas and I'm very happy about that--even if I am sleeping on a double bed and depressed about housing prices.

My new obsession: trapeze.  I can't believe that I started flying less than a year ago.  And in 9 months I've been able to take off unassisted and complete a bunch of tricks.  My next two goals--returning to the board and flying out of lines.

Year of the Zoo: We went to 6 zoos I think.  We got to see lots of big cats, and some baby ones too.  Houston was cancelled because of rain. Maybe 2013 will be the 2d year of the zoo.

Obsession: My weight.  I lost weight, I gained weight.  I did yoga hard core, I was lazy.  It has been a roller coaster of a year weight wise.  Right now I'm doing a super low-carb diet.  I'm sick of it even though I've lost inches.  I don't know how my mom did this for months and months.  It always boils down to exercise for me.  Lack of exercise leads to weight gain.  I do better with a high protein diet and regular exercise.  I need to commit to regular exercise.  I'm only doing this low-carb diet thing until January 10th, then I'm going to go back to my 30-40-30 diet yoga, and work out DVDs.  And there is no excuse for not going for a walk.  It is an easy way to burn calories, and instead I just sit here on my ass....

Jobs:  My job at Hopkins changed this year, and I started doing motivational interviewing.  It is a kind of psych therapy.  I finished up with the last of my participants just before I left for California. Unless they come up with something else they would like me to work on, I'm unemployed.  There are some high paying jobs here in Austin that I am qualified for.  They would require lots of travel.  I'm not ready to go back to work.  I would like to find a house first.  I'm considering that my job right now.

Travel: 2012 took us to Denver, California, and New York City.  I'm hoping 2013 will take us on an international trip.

The blog: I've passed over 1000 posts.  I think this is post is 1007. Wow.

2012 wasn't bad, but I hope 2013 is better.

No comments: