Thursday, June 7, 2012

Real Women (Can) Drive Stick + Super Excitement

I'm driving Ross's car today. Remembering how to drive stick shift is like riding a bike. It comes back fairly quickly. As I've said before, I feel very strongly that everyone should learn to drive stick shift. I think only 8% of cars sold in the US now are manual transmission, but we have a lot of older cars on the road that are the old fashioned stick-shift. I mean, what happens if we are in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse and you come across an old truck, but you can't get away from the brain-hungry zombies because you can't drive stick?

Despite my strong feelings on the matter I have never taught anyone to drive stick. Tiffany wasn't interested at all. Oh well.

I'm super excited because today I see my mom. For the first time since Thanksgiving. I'm picking my parents up at the airport this afternoon (why I'm driving Ross's car), and I just can't wait to see my incredible shrinking mom. She's lost some weight since I last saw her, but I haven't seen any photos, so I have no idea what to expect. I'll take a photo and post it soon!

No comments: