Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Waffle-ah

I'm not sure why, but I've decided that the plural of waffle is waffle-ah. I'm having fun with the new waffle maker and I've made several different kind of waffles. When Tejal was here I made triple ginger waffles. I added ginger powder, fresh ground ginger, and minced candied ginger to the basic recipe. They were tasty with butter and honey.
This past weekend I made double cherry waffles.  I added chopped up dried tart cherries to the basic mix and made a cherry topping. I added brown sugar and Disarrono to some tart cherries with juice and cooked it for a while.  I thickened up the sauce with a little corn starch and topped off the waffle with a little whipped cream--from a can!  Ha!
The June issue of bon appetit has a recipe for blueberry shortcake with lemon and thyme biscuits. The picture makes it look so scrumptious.  I really want to try this recipe, and cherries are on sale, so I might make it with fresh cherries.

No comments: