Of course---I jazzed up the recipe I found on epicurious.com.
Ginger Pumpkin Muffins
1/4 c. minced candied ginger
1/4 c. golden raisins
2 Tbl. whiskey
1 1/3 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1 Tbl. ground ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1c. pumpkin puree
1/4 c. flax meal
2/3 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egg whites
3/4 c. brown sugar
6 Tbl. dark agave nectar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line 19 (yeah, I know, I can never get the number just right) muffin tins with paper liners.
3. Mix ginger, raisins, and whiskey in a small bowl.
4. Microwave ginger mix for one minute.
5. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
6. Whisk pumpkin, milk, flax meal, and vanilla in another bowl.
7. Beat egg whites and egg with electric mixer until foamy.
8. Add 3/4 brown sugar to egg mixture and beat for about 2 minutes.
9. Beat in agave nectar to egg and sugar mixture.
10. Alternatively add dry ingredients and pumpkin mixture--blending well after each addition.
11. Stir in ginger and raisin mixture.
12. Divide batter among muffin cups.
13. Bake muffins until tester comes out clean--about 15 minutes.
Divided over 19 muffins each muffin has 120 calories, 1.1g fat, 24.4g carbs, and 3g protein.
I couldn't taste the pumpkin in these--even though I doubled the amount in the original recipe. I did like the candied ginger and I'll add some to the flax muffins I'm going to make today--along with the leftover pumpkin puree.