Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weight Loss Challenge

We are having a weight loss challenge at work. There are 5 or 6 of us who chipped in 25 bucks apiece for prize money. There will be a weigh ins at 6 weeks and 12 weeks for prize money. The official weigh in (at work) says I've lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I lost 4 in the first week. I don't feel like I really put much effort into my work outs last week. I just don't think Gillian Michaels stuff is for me. Last January I tried to do the 30 day shred and I hated it. I hate plyometrics. I hate jumping around. So I'm going to go back to my old standby---The Firm--and I'm going to try some P90x (I'm scared.)

As far as the diet goes I'm trying to stay under 1500 calories a day, and I'm trying to eat a 30-40-30 balance. 30% fat, 40% carbs, and 30% protein. It's hard to eat 30% protein. Most days I'm low on protein and high on carbs. I'm going to try and turn that around. It's hard. Lots of calculations. Lots of planning. And no cake.

No comments: