Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sorrel

I got to try Sorrel yesterday thanks to Ross's coworker Ainsmar. I'm referring to the Jamaican drink, not the green leafy vegetable. Ross brought it to me in an insulated mug and told me to guess what was in it. As soon as I opened it I realized it had ginger in it, and possibly cloves. When I tasted it I knew it was fire and water. The ginger is the fire, but I couldn't figure out what the water element was. My best guess was apple juice. If I'd seen the color of the liquid I might have figured it out on my own. The water element is sorrel, which is also known as hibiscus or jamaica (in Spanish). I really enjoyed it. It kind of reminded me of the cucumber-ginger drink we had in Jamaica and the apple-lemon-ginger juice from CM. Very good. Thanks Ainsmar.

No comments: