Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow and Stuff

We have quite a bit of snow out there and it is continuing to snow heavily. It looked like a great day for the movies. We drove the Subaru around and I think Ross had fun skidding around a bit. The stores are all closing and the movie theater was closed. Lame! You'd think they would know how to handle snow here. Apparently not. I think the state of Maryland has declared a state of emergency. Wha? I remember going to the movies in our 4wd truck when we lived in Nebraska. So much fun. Oh well. We have The Wrestler from Netflix sitting here, so we will watch that. At least I got to go out in my wellies and fur coat.

Now, let me rant. People around here don't know how to drive. Not just in inclement weather, but all the time. They just LOVE to tailgate. Anyway, we are cruising down the road today and nobody had their lights on, despite the heavy snowfall. I like to be able to see people's tail lights. They don't turn on their lights in the rain either. The other thing that drives me crazy is how people drive with their hazards on. In some states it is illegal to drive with your hazard lights flashing. Hazard lights are for alerting people that you are stopped on the side of the road, not for when you are scared to drive, so you are driving obnoxiously slowly. Okay, I feel better now that I've ranted. Time to watch a movie.

No comments: