Saturday, December 12, 2009

Scripted Answers

I still haven't come up with something to say when I hear someone say something hateful. It needs to be short, direct, and non-emotional. I don't want to sound like a crazy person (even though I am).

Another hot button topic--the fact that I'm a doctor. When people ask if I'm a nurse there is an easy answer--No. But generally people aren't satisfied with that and want to know how the hell I know the big fancy word for tummy grumbles (borborygmi) or something like that. I suppose I could just answer "No, I'm a doctor." but that seems to open up a whole other can of worms that I don't want to deal with (primarily "What kind of doctor?").

I finally got a job (more on that later) and I'm going to be working with a nurse. If I say I'm a doctor it automatically gives me more authority (in most people's minds), but in reality she will be my supervisor. Skirting around the issue this week was awkward. I don't want to be a bitch, but I don't like talking about that part of my life. I still see it as unfinished business, and that is really painful.

No comments: