Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Seat Monster, Drooling, and Projectile Vomit

Bailey came out of her carrier about half an hour into the ride. She sat on a pillow in my lap and fidgeted nervously. Then the drooling began. After a while she opened her mouth and started dry heaving. I felt so bad for her. I thought she'd eventually puke up some saliva and mucus, but she projectile vomited! Luckily I was prepared and caught most of it. Then Ross admitted that he'd been a sucker and given her a few greenie treats this morning. So it was all his fault. We went through a second round about half an hour later, but I was fooled into thinking it was just dry heaving so I was pulling away the napkin just as she did it again--and some of it landed on Ross's leg and car seat. She sat on my lap until noon, and then got eaten by the seat monster. Nine hours later I had to fight the seat monster and drag Bailey out from under the seat.

We made it over half way to our new place today. Overall it was a pretty good day.

No comments: