Friday, February 20, 2009

The Good Thing About Moving

I don't think anyone really likes moving. I'm so used to packing and unpacking--it is just part of my life. The good thing about moving is that I get to go through everything--and get rid of a lot of things (I'm paranoid about become a hoarder--hoarding runs in my family). We sold a bunch of stuff at our garage sale. We donated the leftovers--and more. I have already started another box of things to donate.

We are moving from a three bedroom home to a two bedroom condo. Downsizing our stuff is a necessity--and we have LOTS of stuff. Getting rid of stuff makes me feel better. I feel like I'm not in such danger of becoming a hoarder. I feel like my house will be cleaner, and my life simpler. Sometimes I wish I could chuck it all, but I'm too attached to things. I know I wouldn't miss most of the things, but I can't seem to let them go. I have tons of paper (I love to buy cards, fancy paper, notebooks, any kind of paper), a fountain pen collection, shelves full of books, two closets full of clothes, many sets of glasses, a few set of dishes--the list goes on and on, but I am getting rid of things--it is the one good thing about moving.

1 comment:

V said...

Tell me about the hoarding - I am exactly like you. Come from a family of hoarders. Therefore, I am a minimalist. Moving definitely keeps you in check.