Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bee Transport


A couple weeks ago I was stuck in traffic on the way to work. I mean I was just sitting there because they had completely closed down I-95. I was behind this truck and I found the colorful boxes rather curious. It looked like it was transporting bees. Well--that would explain the bees buzzing all around the cars.




I snapped this photo as I passed the truck. Yep. Bees. In the boxes. Out of the boxes, but behind the netting. And bees outside the netting. I knew that people shipped bees through the US mail, but I had never thought of them being transported en masse on a truck--but still sort of free to roam about.

2 comments:

zannelaw said...

wow that is so interesting!! wonder what the story is there

Bill C said...

Beekeepers transport their Apiaries seasonally to get the maximum pollination and save their bees from colder climates.