Thursday, March 11, 2010

Old School

My tummy has been giving me trouble lately, so I decided to try an old school remedy. I decided to make some gripe water. Mexican gripe water is made with bay leaves. Indian gripe water is made with dill. So----I make it with both. I put a pot of water to boil with some bay leaves and a hefty dose of dill. I let it boil for at least 20 minutes, then strained off the tea. I added a little honey, but I don't usually. It went down just fine, but I don't think it helped at all. I ended up getting out of bed last night to heat up my cherry pillow, take a prevacid, and down some mylanta. I was able to sleep, but this morning I'm still not feeling well. I think I've had the stomach bug that has been going around, but I have a very strong constitution, so it hasn't quite put me down. Instead I feel a little crappy, and very tired. Unfortunately this hasn't affected my appetite at all. Instead I'm always looking for something that I can eat or drink that might calm my stomach. I was actually thinking about breaking the no C and no Corn diet to drink a ginger ale last night. Yeah, tonight I might have to try the old school Honkey remedy: ginger ale and saltines. Ha!

No comments: