Monday, March 8, 2010

Mapu Dofu

I really like mapu dofu. It is so easy to make that I'm surprised I don't make it more often. I made it this weekend with sweet potato leaves to go with it.




Mapu Dofu

1 package ground turkey
minced garlic
1 bunch sliced green onions
1 package firm tofu (not silken), cut into cubes
stir fry sauce (I use House of Tsang)

Brown the turkey and drain off any fat. Add the garlic and green onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the tofu and sauce and stir gently. Cook over low to medium heat just until tofu is hot. Be careful not to stir too much--the tofu will break up.

The sauce has corn starch in it. Corn starch is the hardest corn to avoid. It is in so many things. I don't know how long I'll last on the no C diet. I cheated and had some cheese yesterday. I was dreaming about custard cream this weekend. I cheated again today and had graham crackers. I'll try and hold out through Friday, but I have a feeling that the nightmares are going to start before then.

No comments: