Monday, April 21, 2008

Passover 2008

So Saturday night we had seder at our house. I think it's the first time we've had seder at our house. As you can see in the photo Tim, Jason, Laura, and Lisa Diane and Joey came (Joey was taking the photo.) I made most of the food early Saturday, so we were able to start just after sundown and when it was time for the meal I just reheated everything. We had matzoh, matzoh ball soup, steamed baby carrots with mint, gefeltefish, charoset (2 kinds), boiled eggs, twice cooked Chinese 5 spice lamb, zabaglione, and lots of wine. Things went pretty smoothly. It was a good passover dinner. I managed not to eat too much. After dinner Bailey started kneading Lisa Diane's knitting and curled up on it.
On Sunday we had some sushi then did some shopping. I bought some capri pants that actually fit. I don't know how I fit into a size four, but I did (and I was all proud until a certain somebody burst my bubble and told me that those sizes run large....hahaha (I knew it was too good to be true.)) We also went to Bethany and got some drinks. I had a taro frappe. It was tasty. Around 8 pm the weekend really hit me and I started to feel exhausted. I slept in and I still feel tired. The house is pretty much cleaned up...it took me a whole hour to wash the dishes.
Oh yeah. There seems to be a consensus that the chocolate matzoh is better with the brown sugar. There are only 2 pieces left in the fridge. I'm going to have to get some more chocolate chips and make some more tonight! Oh, and its SUPER scrumptious with peanut butter on it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed it! -Tejal