Thursday, April 17, 2008

Latest Happenings

So, we drove to Granbury last night and picked up my new scale. Well this morning I weighed myself neked, and it said 146. So I guess its official; I've broken 150. I think I could stand to lose another 10 pounds. My clothes are looser, but it would be nice to have less gut and less thighs.

On another topic...my garden is doing very well. I planted some pepper seeds that I got at Dishi's wedding shower. They sprouted nicely, and I've now planted planted them in pots. I always get seeds to sprout, but then they just kinda fizzle out there. I'm hoping to get at least a couple of plants out of these seeds. As far as the rest of the yard goes...I started to clean up the front areas so we could move some of the dirt and mulch there. We have a lot of dirt left over. I'm sure we'll be able to spread it around, but it's going to take a little while. The lawn has turned green and looks great now that it's been mowed. Well, that's about it.

Oh, yeah. The house smells funny because I made gefeltefish today. I'm burning a candle, but it still smells in here. I went shopping today for all the food for seder. I bought a really big leg of lamb. We'll also have matzoh balls, charoset, baby carrots, and of course the gefeltefish. Ross is making the dessert. Tomorrow I'm making choco-matzoh. It's one of the only ways I can stomach matzoh: covered in butter, sugar, and chocolate. This year I'm going to try it with brown sugar. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I think I'll go have some ice cream....

1 comment:

Team Serrins Springfield said...

I've never tried matzoh with chocolate. We always ate it with creme cheese and jelly at our house. Not at the Sedar of course, just for the next 8 days. The scale looks great. Are you going into professional boxing or wrestling and needed a serious weigh-in?

Happy Passover.