Friday, April 18, 2008

Choco Matzoh

Well, tonight I made two things: upside down pineapple muffins and choco matzoh. My mom gave me this recipe a long time ago. I think she found it in the newspaper. In this month's Bon Apetit there was the same recipe, except it used brown sugar. Tonight I used brown sugar just to try it out.

Choco Matzoh

8 matzos
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar (white or brown)
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cover two cookie sheets with foil and arrange matzos onto the sheets.
3. Melt the butter and sugar in a small saucepan, stirring constantly.
4. Boil the mixture for 3 minutes.--I think this is the most critical step. Sometimes the mixture is very grainy and I think that happens when it isn't boiled long enough.
5. Pour and spread the sugar butter mix over the matzos.--You kinda have to work quickly at this, or the mixture can harden or separate.
6. Bake the matzos for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the matzos.
8. Return pans to oven for 30 seconds--just to melt the chocolate chips.
9. Smooth out the chocolate chips.--I use an icing spatula, but the back of a spoon works too.
10. Allow to cool and harden, then refrigerate in a ziploc bag.--If you have room you can cool and harden them in the fridge.





No comments: