Sunday, April 27, 2008

Random Updates

Well, last night we had hot pot (shabu shabu) with Robert and Tiffany. After dinner we played Raving Rabbids 1 on the wii. That is my favorite game of all time. We laughed so hard. Everyone got in on the action. There was even plenty of cooperative play, with one person using the controller and the second person using the nun chuck. We had so much fun!
Ethan is a super cutie and talks so much now! His Chinese is much better than his English. I think he's blowing past Ross now (although I'm so amazed at how much Ross has learned). Ross and Ethan were even speaking Chinese to each other. Its funny, he sometimes says things to me in Chinese, but most of the time I don't know what he's saying. Robert and Tiffany want him to also learn Spanish. I tried to get him to roll his Rs...that was funny. He kind of started purring in his throat.
The garden is doing well. I just have one jalapeno plant that is wilted....not completely dead, but completely wilted. We got some really heavy rains the last couple of weeks. The stone patio is a mess again, and I just don't have the will to fix it again! The water moved all the mulch onto one area of the patio....I just can't mess with it again....
It was hot and humid this week, and the A/C wasn't working. The repair man finally came on Friday and fixed the freon leak and added 8 pounds of freon. Now cold air comes out. Woo hoo.
Let's see...Passover. I've been eating a crazy amount of matzoh....I didn't make another batch of chocolate matzoh until Friday. Partly out of laziness and partly because the A/C was out and I didn't want the oven running at 400 degrees! I discovered that soy sauce has wheat in it! Oops. I ate a lot of fruits and veggies yesterday to try and balance out all the meat and matzoh I've been eating. Tonight we are going to Logan's Roadhouse to have some yeast rolls!
That's about it.

No comments: