Monday, June 23, 2014

Tubing the Comal River 2014

So on Saturday we met up with Richard, Monica, and a bunch of other folks for river floating fun. It was a lot more crowded this year. The reason it wasn't crowded last year was the can ban. They wouldn't allow any cans or disposable bottles on the river. I was fine with that. Other folks boycotted the river, and they cancelled the can ban.
At the start of the float it was really slow. We barely moved the first hour or so. You can kind of see the crowds behind Richard.
Here is Monica chillin' in her tube. It was a really nice day. Not too hot. Partly cloudy. Still, I got a bit of a sunburn. Grr! I was mad at myself. I reapplied a few times, but I still got burned on my knees. I think it's because of how I sit in the tube sometimes and it rubs off the sunscreen. I even have scrapes on my shins. I also have a scrape on my ankle from walking down the steps into the river. It isn't bad, just in an annoying spot. I can't believe how tiring it is to just sit in a tube for a few hours.

After the float we met up at Richard's house. We inhaled lots of snacks and Richard grilled up some hamburgers, hot dogs, and sausages. I ate so much this weekend that I'm going to have to work really hard to burn it off this week.

No comments: