Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer Reading: The Chronicles of Harris Burdick

I didn't know anything about Harris Burdick, his illustrations, or their strange captions until Valerie told me about them and this book. The book has the illustrations along with stories by different authors to match each illustration.This weekend I read five of the stories aloud to Ross. We definitely have our favorite. There was only one story that we really didn't like at all.

I have been doing quite a bit of reading lately. I have started a novel by a Russian author, I have been reading a book of Russian gothic tales, and then this book of short stories. I need to keep at it. I want to finish all 3 books, and I have another book on hold at the library. I guess I'm having my own little Summer reading program.

No comments: