Ross and I don't disagree on much, but we disagree on the right way to make zab. I got a recipe for zab off the internets when the internets was just beginning. Ross likes it with the egg whites, I like it without. Wanna know what love is? Whenever Ross makes it he sets aside some for me before he adds the egg whites.
4 Tbl. sugar
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1/2 c. Marsala wine (sweet)
6 egg yolks, beaten until thick
1 c. whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
4 egg whites
2 Tbl. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
- Combine 4 Tbl. sugar, gelatin, Marsala, and egg yolks.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens--stirring constantly.
- Chill mixture until fully cooled.
- In a chilled medium bowl whip vanilla and cream until still.
- Add egg yolk mixture to cream and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar and salt to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form
- Fold egg whites into cream mixture.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Serve with berries